Sunday 14 June 2009

Music video and other news

Been a while since i've undated this blog but there will be a lot of updates comming soon. With a bout 3 mounths til i start my 3rd year, I have been working on some personal projects.
At the moment i have been re-writting the wendigo script and should have a 1st draft of it up soon. I have also been helping a friend out with a music video for "Heaven and Hell" latest single.

The video is completly fan made and my friend is only doing the music vid because the admin of the website liked his previous fan videos. also he is in touch with the band, so fingers crossed we get some good press. my job on the video is visual effects and maybe the odd acting. we just finished the final shots today and once my mate has finished editing the footage together i will then add the visuals. this includes colour correcting the sky, animating a smoky like monster, some matte painting and some face warping.
very basic stuff but its good experience and practic that will serve me well in the future. the idea behind the video involes a character desending into hell after finding the bible black.



above is a smoke test. i made it using particles in after effects.
Below is a rendered frame from the matte painting that is set in hell.

Below is a concept painting of how i original visualised hell looking like.

No comments: